Monday, May 2, 2011

Spiritual Parenting.

My husband and I are dedicating our 7mo old, Robert, this coming Sunday. Things are always done a little differently at the crossing. So in order to do the dedication, you have a class to attend before hand. We did it last year when we dedicated our son Randy, but it was nice to be reminded of why we are doing this, and they added a few new things to the class. I liked going, I like the community of other believing parents. It's nice knowing that their are a lot of parents who want what you want and are willing to walk with you and your family! At the class they give out a parenting book and this one is, Spiritual Parenting. I have already started to read it, so far so good. I like the concepts she is covering. Such as not just trying to "control" your child's behavior, because that is not a God mandate, but trying to instead give them the tools to choose a different behavior. To just model your faith, a true love for Jesus, in front of the them, daily. I haven't gotten very far but I really like the books the crossing chooses to use in their classes. They are such great tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment