Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello, My name is Ruth: Part II

Ok here goes day number two. It seams as if every time I try and make time for my bible study something hinders my ability to do so. I have had a bit of a rough day with the boys. Both have really wanted one on one mommy time. So as it currently stands I am exhausted and feeling a little guilty about giving God my fumes. I suppose He takes us in all states, even an exhausted one,right? And forgive me if me thoughts are in coherent and disorganized because of said exhaustion.

As I am going through this part of the study I really like the permission she gave us in the intro, to not be limited by these pages. I like that because when I went to read 2 Corinthians 6:14 I kept reading to verse 18. And I just really loved the way it read in the Message.
It just got me thinking about how hard my own marriage would be if Jason and I were not in agreement about who God is. I mean as if marriages do not have enough difficulties like who does dishes and laundry and cleans the bathroom. Does anyone really want the constant battle that would be two people not agreeing on who God is and that we as people created in God's image are meant to serve our God? I could not imagine a truly functional marriage that did not have God as center. I know not everyone has that relationship and I also know even if the marriage does "work" to be at it's purposed best both parties must love God and if one or the other does not; well that is heart breaking. I suppose I am on a bit of a bunny trail as my mother likes to call it so I will try to stick to the study.
Ok I have completed the work book pages and all I have to say is WOW. God can use anything to try and grab our attention and bring us back to him, including food. Who would have thought something so small as a rumor God had over turned the famine and that there was now food in Bethlehem could be used for God's glory and the leading of a lost child back home? I am so amazed with the little nudges God gives me that let me know " Hey my love, it is time to come home." Sometimes I wont even realized I have stumbled into a foreign land, and then off in the distance I will hear a rumor of something good God is doing and all of the sudden I miss the closeness I once felt with Him. These day's it is often the innocence and complete dependency of my two little boys that brings me to my knees and has me wanting desperately to be back in the presence of my God when I stray because I am now responsible not just for me but for Randy and Robert! Being a mother is so humbling and it makes me want to be in Bethlehem with God's blessings. Psalm 16:8 " Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go!" That verse depicts very much how I feel. I am nothing without my Savior and I do not want to let go of a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Being a mother is not always easy! :) I feel your frustration.

    ReplyDelete